Monday, September 6, 2004

Back to School

No site updates. Except that last time I forgot to tell ya that I added anchors for your convenience. Yay. Next time I'll add the latest review.

So...yea. I'm back in school. Whoopty doo. It's not like I'm not excited, because I am. It's just that my room is a junkyard right now. See, at first my roommate and I weren't going to change to what is traditionally known as the senior room in the house. So that would have made packing much easier. But since we did and we absolutely had to have our furniture, there was alot of moving heavy objects and stuff. My arms and back are killing me. Man...I wish I could have a massage...Sure, Kathy is here but it's not the same when someone you like THAT way does it. Oh? What is that about? We'll get to it...

So yea, I can't differentiate what from what in the room so it is just sick in there right now. I need to find some nails or something to hang a mirror and I don't know if I'm keeping a certain bureau, or switching for another, or keeping them both. So more stuff to move...oh yay. And then my art stuff...omg that's gonna be alot to handle. I REALLY hope I get this done ASAP.

School begins tomorrow and I already have several things that absolutely have to be done. For example, calculating my GPA, of which I can't even give an estimate, which is sad. I am too aloof for my own good. I also have to register for the SATs for which the last day is tomorrow. HOPEFULLY there is still some room. Otherwise, I'm screwed. I'm going to take the ones again and also the twos. Oh yea...I still have to decide which twos I'm taking exactly. Geez. I also have to get in there and have serveral courses switched. Hopefully I'll remember this and not get too wrapped up in my friends.

My buddies were supposed to teach me how to skate, but I couldn't find some way to fit the skates in my luggage, so I had to leave them and my comy, FIRM pillow behind. Oh and I also forgot my suit and spare glasses. Geez. I still haven't found the money my mother gave me as I left. Pooh. NEVER give me anything while I'm angry or rushing. I already have trouble remembering things in the first place, so giving stuff to me then just triples that.

So yea. I know that this year my mother is going to what letters from me or else. Hopefully once a month is sufficient, because stuff just doesn't happen that often. Of course when she writes back, that'll spur me to write more, but still, it'd be better to wait until the end of the month, to get everything in there and save both envelopes and paper.

The new freshies were very curious about how homesickness has affected me in my three years, and honestly, I was confronted by it and would have phases of not so happiness and anger, and lashing out and stuff. But I got over it eventually. But now...that process may be slightly altered. Why? There's a boy involved. I'll tell you the story...

So, after the college tour run by my boarding program was done, I was stuck outside of my home for some odd hours. Luckily though, there was someone to get me past the main doors because it was starting to rain. So then this boy runs down the stairs and comes back up since he realizes that it's raining. That was luck. I think if not for the rain, I wouldn't have met him, because he wouldn't have had to double back. And when he was coming down the stairs for a second time, he suddenly hears my music. I was listening to No Doubt and he asks me, "You listen to rock?" I think smiling was instantaneous on my part, which is unusual for me. I was instantly attracted to him and was extremely happy that there was a source of intelligence outside my door. Now that sorta makes it sound like I believe I'm above the folks in my neighborhood. Well...can you blame me? At all? You just don't know how much I dislike that area. But that's another story, that has been written before, and won't be rewritten now.

So anyways, we talk a bit and he rushes off to work. He tells me to knock on his door the next day, and I do and we talk even more (after I ask my mom if I could sit in the hallway with him). That was practically the whole day. And on and off we talk and eventually I have my dad meet him and finally he okays a date. After a couple of delays (because mum wouldn't straighten my hair, mostly), we went out on Saturday. First we went to an arcade on 42nd street and he showed off his DDR skills (that's Dance Dance Revolution if you haven't been exposed to its greatness). He's REALLY good. But he couldn't score on me in air hockey. So then after that, we went to a park and just blabbed some more, about music, school, stuff like that. That was at least three hours and then we went to a movie. Suspect Zero. BOO. Don't waste your money. It wasn't horrible, but I thought it was a pretty flat movie. So after that, we went home. He gave me a massage on the train (that was the most touching the whole day mum and dad, if you actually read this), but he couldn't do my entire back because I was having trouble relaxing on the train, and the mid part of my back is extremely tense. So then we both went bye bye and I went to bed immediately. And I miss him already! But for now, it's the same as when I missed my friends. And I can handle it.

So now I think I'm going to go attempt to clear my room. The fact that my roomie isn't here makes it that much harder. But I can make it through this! At four there is a BBQ and then we come back to pack and prepare for school and whatnot. I HOPE I can finish early tonight. I don't want to be tired on the first day of school. What am I going to wear?!

Blooper of the moment: Yesterday when I was on the train, I was so busy playing Final Fantasy Tactics that I missed my stop in Philly! So we (a freshie and I) had to wait in Wilmington for an hour. Whoops!!!

Over and out.