Thursday, September 30, 2004

Day # 17

No site updates. Busy, busy, busy.

School...as uneventful as ever. What else is new? I'm going to spend Sunday through Monday at Bryn Mawr, to get more of a feel of the college. Exciting. I'm kinda worried for some reason, though. It could be because of the fact that I have to miss some school and I think the tiniest bit of falling behind would kill me. Ugh...paper due Wednesday on Neverwhere. I love the book but our teacher...well...the way he teaches I suppose will be much like a Professor teaches. He expects for us to...learn for ourselves, which is understandable, considering the fact that it is an AP course. Basically, we're open to write a paper about anything based on the book. As zany as I am, will I be able to stay on topic? Will I be able to CHOOSE a topic in the first place? Geebus.

Another thing that worries me about the Bryn Mawr gig is the social aspect. What if I completely close myself off from my guides? We're supposed to be going to a class with some of the students, to get a feel for the vibe within classes and whatnot. They're even going to give us time to speak with some Professors. I've attended several events at Bryn Mawr and...yea. Stuff.

Not only will I be missing school on Monday, I'll be missing Physics (who cares about gym) on Friday to do some sort of speech thing at Swarthmore College. Right now we're focusing on vectors. At first, I was HORRBILY confused. Then slowly, but surely, (after placing my sketchbook aside and actually making an effort to pay attention - XD), I understood it. I feel like the TWO days I'm going to be out will be all it takes to fall way behind. It's that class I'm worried about the most. English is my stronghold (though I will miss the end of the Neverwhere flick and discussion, darn), Statistics is kind of like DUH, and screw Team Sports. But Physics is crazy crazy math poop. Yes...that sounds intelligent. Kinda like Bush. XD

I surprised myself and sat down to watch the debates tonight. And all I have to say is...Bush is a fool. I was cracking up the WHOLE night. I think students in my school are more intelligent than he is. Sad, sad. Mrs. Farrell would certainly fail him. He repeated himself 500 million times. I was almost crying with laughter. Tsk, tsk.

Another night and NO phone call!!! WHY?! Possibly, because I'm a pushover (occasionally). Another reason could be because people like to hold grudges and then deny it. Apparently I'd dismissed her phone call at some point. This has been the second time, however, that she has done this to me to "avenge" herself. Ok, we're long past even. GET OVER IT. Sheesh. Normally, I'd be really pissed right now, but there are plenty of things to counter that at the moment. I'm still pretty giddy from laughing at Bush. And then there are lovely, lovely friends who draw beautiful things for me, just because they appreciate/miss me. That would be...two nights in a row that I have discovered/been given gift arts. My eyes were getting all teary and everything. Thanks Kafu, and Max. I love you ALL. And to think, they are SOOO far away. *sniffles* That's something special.

Sleep is also pretty special. And I need quite a bit of it at the moment. *sigh* This month DID go by pretty quickly. Imagine what lies ahead. Wish me luck, good night.