Saturday, October 2, 2004

Day # 18

Nothing for you, sorry.

It's odd seeing what my sister writes. It really is, though I couldn't tell you why. It's just like...a completely different side to her. Angsty. Pshaw.

I'm going to fail gym, guys. Be ashamed, be very ashamed. Apparently, I wasn't putting enough effort into the game, so I scored a P instead of a 5 for like three days in a row. It seems to my gym teacher that I don't run enough. My logic is, no one EVER passes the ball to the girls anyway, so why should I exhaust myself over nothing? He seems to believe that if I did make the effort to run, to make myself open, that I would get the ball more often. That's definitely not true. The guy is cool and yet he pisses me off at the same time. Ugh. How do you explain that on your transcript? HOW do you fail gym?!

So I got out of school a bit early to do the speech thing. It was ok. I was horribly nervous, being surrounded by OLD PEOPLE. This one guy was talking to us about his children and their college experience and he was coughing so loudly and frequently, I was afraid he would keel over and die. Yes. Because old people do that sort of thing. That's why I don't like them. And I don't like them because I fear for them, and for myself, knowing everyday I am closer to what they have become. Hmm... Good thing black folk age better. XD

I finished Neverwhere tonight. I truly do love the book. Our English teacher has been showing the series that'd aired on the BBC before the book was written, and it is the most amusing thing to me. And then the accents... The book is definitely ten times better. I really would love to see a remake of the series, though. It's pretty good, if you like fantasy. A bit of the Wizard of Oz and Harry Potter (pre), among other things. Yes, yes. It's fun to read the book aloud with a London accent. I couldn't pull off Richard's Scottish one, though. Oh yea and the Marquis de Carabas is HAWT. XD I'm seriously joking. But of all the characters, I think he fit his role the best. I liked the ending as well. Interesting.

No Phone. It's a song by Cake. The video is kind of amusing, a bunch of random, everyday people dancing to it. I actually did use the phone tonight, though not as much as I would've liked to, and certainly not without interruption. So very annoying. And then the on hold and gone thing...what's up with that?

I shouldn't really be tired considering the fact that I napped today. But I am. I think it's the fact that I know I have so much ahead of me this week. Hopefully, after the SAT on the 9th, I will slowly be able to ease back into normalcy. Or something like it. ARG. Bedtime, goodnight.