Monday, October 4, 2004

Day # 19 - BRYN MAWR

Of COURSE there are no site updates, silly! I'ma college girl for a day! XP

Yea so this was the weekend that I spent at Bryn Mawr. I've already been here a number of times, so there really wasn't anything that stood out as ah...I didn't know that, least of all, how much I like this school. I REALLY do love Bryn Mawr. Everytime I come here, I try to find something I don't like about the college and fail miserably. You would think the fact that it's all women's would bother me, but to be honest, in an all women's environment, I really feel like I can just be myself, whatever that is. I think coming to Strath Haven in itself has helped me define myself, but there is still so much more to me that I doubt even I know.

OMG I HATE MAC KEYBOARDS. I'm so used to having to press so hard but that's definitely not the case on these things. This computer has a really old version of IE and I went to view the site for a bit and IT WAS HORRIBLE. There were random tags showing up and all these things. The navigation doesn't work for whatever reason, but when I went to check individual pages, they worked relatively well. I also checked the site in Safari and everything functioned fairly well in that, though some of the CSS tags were malfunctioning. Mrrf. So yea.

I AM FREEZING at the moment, thinking of what I'd be doing in the school right now...ah yes, gym. My favorite. I saw Big Sis again and she's supposed to come meet me at 11. I might just wind up leaving early, go home, nap, CLEAN MY ROOM. Whatever. Oh yea, then there's homework and SAT studying. Ugh...Carol is definitely going to nag me about that. THIS WEEKEND I am taking the SAT I's again. It's amazing how quickly September went by. I swear, if I don't get at least a 1200 (which I'm pretty sure I won't), I will seriously cry about it. The scores at Bryn Mawr actually stretch further than that, but yea. If the SATs are a flop again, hopefully I'll do better on the ACTs this time. I didn't do badly last time or anything, which surprised me, because I was in the worst possible environment to be taking the test - urban, and around people I was uncomfortable around since I didn't know (or maybe just like) but one person. Yea. GOTTA go to bed on Friday.

If there is anything that concerns me about going to Bryn Mawr, it's the fact that Web Design/Graphic Design/Multimedia is not readily available on the campus. But this is part of the beauty of Bryn Mawr: you can take courses at Haverford, Swarthmore, AND UPenn. UPenn, being a large, prestigious university, obviously will have those things. But would they feel right for me? Perhaps I should peek at UPenn for a bit. I really don't think I'm considering applying there because I'm not too fond of urban campuses and how they wind in and out of each other (Drexyl is right next door), among other things. [END @ 11:10 PM] [RESUMED @ 1:10 PM]

So a little before I met up with Big Sis, I saw an old buddy from Strath Haven. She didn't appear to be as pleased with Bryn Mawr as much as Big Sis was, but some freshmen do take time to settle in, to feel right at home, so I didn't allow her discomfort with the school to deter my interest in any way. So far I've been hearing that the curriculum is very rigorous but also rewarding. I have yet to feel the fear of a heavy workload, though I'm sure it's right around the corner with all these random AP courses. And also, I figure, if you're planning to go to college in the first place, you're planning to dedicate yourself to school, because that's...just what it is.

So in general, I love Bryn Mawr. I made friends with two Korean girls (Go figure...Oh yea, I'm obsessed with those of Asian culture, almost auto, for those who don't know, btw.) on the trip. It was nice. I tried to push myself to socialize, though some of the other "specs" (ProSPECtive StudentS) were kinda quirky. But hey, if I wasn't that way too, I'm pretty sure that Bryn Mawr wouldn't have appealed to me in the first place. Everyone on the campus is just so...nice. There's no other way to describe it. It's such a welcoming environment that I can't help but want to come there. It's getting to the point where I am imagining myself sitting in their libraries, on their lawns, in their dorms, doing my work. Honestly...it's much harder to imagine myself elsewhere... And I really don't have any other places that I'm absolutely sure I like. Like...when people asked me, "Where else are you applying?" which happened alot this weekend, I could think of nothing but Bryn Mawr. Of course, there are other places, but as of now, I think Bryn Mawr is my number one.

Well..I think I'll give cleaning a shot now. Buh bye!