Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Day # 67

It's nice to be able to leave school early, to have lunch with your best friend, even if you're leaving school for something you don't quite feel you have the guts to do and if her table is full of... weirdos to say the least. But I didn't feel uncomfortable around them, so I guess that makes me a weirdo too. Yay.

So the interview went swell. I saw Peaches, one of the admissions officers there. She is so nice. She was, like, extemely excited about the fact that I was there having this interview. She said, "OMG you have to come here!" about fifty times. She told me about how she was arguing (not literally) with the Haverford admissions dude (he disturbs me) about whether I'd come to Haverford or Bryn. Do you know how good it feels to be wanted?

Let me tell you about something that doesn't feel good - wearing "a power suit," as Peaches called it. It wasn't really the fact that I was wearing a suit that bothered me - it was the fact that number one, my pants weren't as long as I'd like them to be, number two, there was a run in the toe of stocking that you could see, and number three, shoulder pads. I absolutely DESPISE shoulder pads. They make the shoulders so... masculine. Didn't that gig go out of style forever ago? I was eating a peppermint that'd been on the table with all the information pamphlets when the interview began and I hope that didn't screw anything up. But I was comfortable, for the most part, with minor stutters and... whatnot. I think I did well.

So yea, I have to get back up on this application gig. It needs to be done, now. I'd be SO happy if I could just do the BMC app. I really would. It'd be ALL over. It could have been over a long time ago, but I allowed indecision to get the best of me. Geez.

Ok, I'm going to go to bed now. I was just thinking - I haven't been on AIM for forever. Good that I'm close to straightening out my priorities - bad that I have commited myself to some things and haven't taken them up yet. Well, good night. Goal for tomorrow - FINISH ALL OF THE BMC APP.