Monday, December 13, 2004

Day # 66

I abhor this feeling. Pressure builds in the pit of my stomach and it's like an ulcer is forming for every decibel that I have to raise my voice. Anger can be just as painful as sadness. And when the two are frolicking hand in hand within your mind, it's not exactly a good thing. These negative emotions - they are viral. They claim everything about you so easily - your memory, your youth, your health - and the positive ones so readily fade. These negative emotions - they corrupt even the positive ones, turning an object of happiness into another obstacle. What is it about the bad things that they have so much power over us?

NO. I'm not depressed. Just pissed. I finally get to talk to him and... I'm done talking about it. The longer I dwell on the fact, the more my chest hurts. She pisses me off so much sometimes. Yet something in her nature, or rather mine, allows me to forgive her. Have you ever wanted to hold a grudge so badly, but you can't?

So tomorrow I have an interview at Bryn Mawr. WHOOPEE. I am nervous beyond description. I guess there's nothing to it but to do it and to just be myself. The confident version, I mean, the one who can push her worries aside and just go for the goal. I've forgotten what she looks like, however...

Music for a while now has become a healing element. I guess it's like that for everyone who's passionate about it in one way or another. Imagine... if I'd still been listening to lots of Hip Hop. Sometimes I feel that this Rock thing has played a major role in my development. How it's changed me I have yet to understand.

Well... I'm off for the night. I was feeling kind of sleepy in school today. I actually did sleep for a number of seconds during third block. Then I got wrapped up in this whole conversation. Ok. Maybe I'm not done. But anyway, there's this weird kid in that class, the Student Council President (amazing how diverse that gig has been since I've been here). I think he likes me or something. If I recall correctly, he did at one point, but I'd thought they'd been talking about some kid named Lucky and not Less... however the hell you spell his name. I dunno. That whole deal bothers me, when people randomly start to give me attention - even by way of a simple hello. It freaks me out. I'm not used to it. You'd think I'd be by now... Ah, that reminds me of something, more Greatest Hits albums! 311. Creed. Yes, I enjoy a Christian band. Uhm... Evanescence is VERY Christian if you ask me. I mean C'MON. The record label, Wind Up, is full of Christian bands, 12 Stones for example. Chevelle... I can definitely see that. Hmm... nifty site of the day: Song Meanings. Enjoy and good night.