Sunday, December 26, 2004

Happy Holidays!

Ok, so I'm home now. Here are some things I need to do:
  • Read Song of Solomon for English
  • File Financial Information

Fun stuff indeed. I can't remember them exactly, but I keep having these bad dreams of being denied by BMC. Is that a sign that it means that much to me to get in? I really don't know what would happen if I didn't. I probably would cry about it. Imagine me taking a year off. Not gonna happen. Even within a time span so short as the Winter Break, my brain starts to decay. I worry alot when I'm idle for periods of time, yet I do nothing to get over it, like for example, the things I've got to do (i.e. the above). I am the ultimate procrastinator. It's really rare that I get the drive to do what I need to internally. It takes an awful lot of nagging. That's bad. Come college, I won't have much of anyone breathing by my back. Hopefully I'll be so engaged, it won't really matter. I find I don't like seeing what's coming for me. I like to stare out of the back windows.

So anyway, Christmas is long past. These sort of things, holidays to be precise, slowly start to lose their meaning. I've started to realize how everything has become so commercial. Once you learn the true value of material things, most holidays are just another day on the calendar that someone else you don't know, and more often than not, care about, mandated as important. I think I'm done ranting for now.

Yesterday was a very strange Christmas. It was kinda short, but still had that magical kind of feel. Of course, it had nothing to do with the gifts. Just being around the ones you love, and/or are starting to love, is loads of fun. Xmas Eve, we (my sister, my mother, Noah, and I) went last minute shopping. Except for dodging a mass of some of America's rudest people in the bitter cold (which I didn't feel much thanks to my massive coat), it was fun. After it was all done, we stopped in Mickey D's to munch. This crazy old lady comes to our table and gives us this whole spiel about marriage and whatnot. For whatever reason in the world, she thought that my sister was my daughter, and that Noah was my husband. The fact that my mother was seated at the table did not seem to occur to her. That was the oddest thing in the world. I felt much better once she walked away. Odd, but interesting. That day altogether was a great experience, though, because my mother gained a greater respect for the boy. If she's comfortable about him, I'm more comfortable about him. But about Dad... that, I fear, will never change. Patriarchal instinct is far more stubborn than the matriarchal it seems.

Christmas day, about fiveish, Noah and I took a hike. We went to 42nd street to an arcade place. He felt the need to, once again, show off his amazing DDR skills, as if I hadn't gotten wind of them the first time. I truly despise playing that game in public. It makes me nervous, like many things. And OMG. He beat me at air hockey! That is a sin. So after that, after running from the WAY overcrowded AMC and Lowes theaters on 42nd, we went to a Lowes theater on 86th street (?) to see Blade: Trinity. It wasn't as bad as I'd thought it was going to be. Ryan Reynolds was in the movie, the comic relief character. Now that I think about it, he was in Van Wilder! Amazing, the difference a beard and a little makeup can make. I dunno whether I like that one better. I do believe it was a tad funnier, though. Surprisingly enough, Jessica Biel's role was kind of weak. I don't feel like she played a memorable role in the movie. YAR. After that, we went to a Chinese Restaurant. Now most chicks are like, I wanna go somewhere classy. That doesn't really happen that often with me. What's the point? It should be you that's making me happy, not the food. This all sort of goes back to the material possessions deal.

Note: This entry was interrupted, but I did not wish to discard it nor edit it. Therefore, it is presented to you today (01-03-05), as it was before this day. Whether everything within it remains true is another story. Enjoy.