Monday, January 3, 2005

Day # 75

Yea. So school started up again today. That is sickening. Last year, when I didn't need it or want it, the Winter Break was much longer, a few days over a fortnight. This year, it would have been put to much more use. But oh well. The time will come again.

In retrospect, I find that the whole being away from home deal has taken the heaviest toll on my emotional health during my first and last year. Freshman year, it was because I was a newbie and I had no power in the house. Now, after it's nearly all said and done, I realize just how much more I'm missing. There has been a bigger void to fill this year. Knowing I have another four or more years away ahead of me reminds me of all the things I should have long ago appreciated and taken advantage of. I not only miss my familiy that much more, but now there's you. Yea, I missed you the second you turned your back. I don't know what that is. Ooh... let me rant about you before I forget.

I'm going to blame you for my having missed my train. Yes, you, since you blame me for everything. XP Even those five minutes we spent arguing about the envelope of pictures would have made all the difference. I can't see how you don't see yourself as attractive. I can't quite see how you see me as attractive, either. (I'm ok.) We are pretty darn confused, aren't we, especially considering we have one person who has thought we were siblings. I'm sure you're going to be getting me into quite a bit of trouble. Don't let any it go to your head. I'm done ranting about you now.

I had the worst luck coming back this time. First of all, the freaking escalator was down, and like a dumbass, it took me forever to think of a clever way to safely get my EXCESS of luggage down the stairs. Then after a bit of pacing and muttering under my breath, someone finally offered to help me. So that helped me miss the train, too. The train was to arrive at 4:05 and I didn't get down into the station until 4:18. The next train was at 6:55. 6 freaking 55. I had a milkshake, listened to some Chevelle, and called some random numbers that I didn't recognize in my cell phone to calm myself down. (Is 347 a NY area code?) Geez, that was fun. Then when the train FINALLY arrived, my change tin decided to roll out of my bag and scatter. Two blessed people helped me. Where would I be without all the nice people in the world? I'm such a friggin' clutz.

Merrily rolling along, New Year's Eve, Ieshia, Noah, and I attempted to go to an arcade in Port Authority. At that moment, we had no clue that the place was open because for whatever reason in the world, there were black curtains hanging in the windows. Come to find out, the next day, when the black curtains were still up, the place was actually open. @_@ But I'll get to that day. Anyway, so since we assumed that the place was closed (learn from our mistake, ya'll - assume nothing), we actually attempted to get to another arcade beyond 42nd street. This is New Year's Eve, mind you. BIG mistake. We were directed from block to block until it got to the point where we were about thirteen blocks away. That was impossible. Soo many people. Ieshia was psyched because she really wanted to see the ball drop - or rather just the bands. Needless to say, that didn't happen. So then the next day, Noah and I went to play DDR. (That's a video game called Dance Dance Revolution - in case you've been living under a rock.) We've already heard about how crazy he is at that. But he finally got me to play, after I got to practice at home. I have a short attention span at times and I'm too clutzy to move too fast. At least for the moment. So I played on Light mode. I haven't even mastered that yeat, but I despise Beginner mode. They have this random tutorial thing in the background that shows you when to step, and it is so distracting. Yea, so that was fun. And some chick was pushing me to play harder songs. She, apparently, thought I was related to Noah. That was amusing. And as for Air Hockey - I am defeated. I've lost my skill. I dunno what happened. Could have been the lighting, the noise, the wider goals, whatever. I just completely crashed and burned. And I don't really like when people let me win. I like to try first, at least. *sigh*

Fun stuff. That's all there is to say about the remainder of the night. And siblings - what is it with them always trying to get you in trouble? Yes, Ieshia, I'm talking about you. I won't tell you that story. It's not worth it.

So any way...yea. Finals coming up soon. That's just peachy. I've forgotten, like, everything. But one thing I learned over break - inputing a plausible amount of information into your brain and going to sleep immediately afterword does help it stick in your memory a little longer. Just not to the point of cramming. I have to use that to my advantage. There are from this point approximately eleven class days until finals. I'm kind of looking forward to that because when all of that is over, I will not have any math related courses for the remainder of the year. Fantastico. I'll have Spanish (H?), History (AP), Human Geography (AP), and Graphic Design (hopefully on Independent Study last block) next semester, so my course load will feel pretty light considering History is the most difficult course there (on account of the teacher). Uhm... You care. Well, I'm done. Good night.