Saturday, March 5, 2005

Shards of Self

Dear Lord, I am so tired. I have been up for the past week and a half updating this thing. I've fallen asleep during class a couple of times. The squirrels in the attic haven't helped either. I just can't sleep lately. Or maybe I don't want to. There is one class in particular that's been bugging me, College Social Science Seminar, also known as AP History. By the end of this month, I have to write a minimum ten page paper on the history of Germany. Now that I think about it, I have a paper on Dalí due mid May. My teachers are trying to kill me, I swear. But even through all the stress, I've been happy, which is really the most important thing. Still, I just want school to end. It's to the point where I actually dared to cut school one day. Me, Asia, of all people. Everyone who heard was shocked. I just really needed a break. So that Friday, the 29th of April, I went over to my best friend's house and hung out the whole day. The rest of our friends eventually came too. That was absolutely beautiful. Although, I did get caught. The 11th/12th grade dean comes to my fourth block class, Graphic Design and tells me that I have a detention to serve. Of course I was more honest than I needed to be, admitting that I'd skipped the entire day and not just fourth block, so one detention turned into four. Honesty, however, sets you free. I told Kelly, the resident director of my boarding home, and she was so much in shock that it didn't turn into anything. She was extremely happy that I told her instead of trying to plot and find a way out of it. So then I went to school today and negotiated with the dean. He agreed that because I was so honest, I could be cut a break. So now the detention is down to one. Well, I have to say I'd like to try (almost) everything once, and the experience certainly wasn't a negative one. It's been fun. Well, I've got some work to do, so I'll be going now. Thanks for visiting!