Sunday, April 3, 2005

Sunday Bloody Sunday

WARNING: Leo

Sundays can be pretty dull sometimes, particularly on a gloomy, chilly kind of afternoon. Yesterday it was raining like hell. It was disgusting. I couldn't really go anywhere, not that there was much of any place to go. Goddamnit it started raining again. It's just a light drizzle, so it's not too bad yet.

That's one thing I've always hated about Spring. It's constantly wet. I think I ought to just keep my hair in braids during this season, because my hair puffing up is inevitable. The slightest bit of moisture in the air will ruin it, although it wasn't that straight to begin with. Sometimes it's a hit or miss. A lot of people seem to hate daylight savings time. I don't mind it too much. It's only an hour, really. But falling back is definitely a bit more convenient.

I've come to realize that although I am usually a very forgiving person, once I set you in my mind a certain way, it's hard for me to get you out of that mindset. I suppose that's how it is for everyone. But if you have done something that has scarred me in some way, and I am much more fragile than I like to admit, I tend to just want to forget about you. And I will look for every circumstance which vindicates my wanting to dismiss you from my life.

So offically, I am dateless in terms of the prom. Officially meaning I'm not sure what I should do yet. Thinking about the prom has brought back a lot of nostalgia which was formed based on last year. And here is a topic you (I am addressing one particular person when I say this) that you may resent me for. Your resentment, however, has created a chain of such, passing it onto me. For you to be angry about something you know nothing about - that really pissed me off. Yes. I'm talking about Leo. Leo was an exchange student from Osaka, Japan. I remember the very day we met him. He was sitting all alone in the cafeteria and Andii decided to ask him to join our table. From that day on, he was a fixture in our little circle of friends. To be perfectly honest, I had a crush on the boy, but hell, I've had a crush on a lot of people, often many at once. I'm not a player I just crush a lot. XD But I've never been one to act on my crushes. I am just very flirtatious in general. I have never done anything beyond words and that is just fine with me. It's so odd, but I've come to realize this - I enjoy flirting over a relationship. I am just too... sociable to attach myself to one person, I guess. But I've already explained myself on that matter, so anyway... Leo gathered a number of my male friends for his breakdancing. He was amazing at it. Only Shingo was really as good as he was, which is why he is the current, rightful heir. I think the breakdancing will die out after this year, though. It was built on a lot of current seniors, and the Asian pop'l seems to be dwindling in our school building. So yea. Every once in a while I'd visit the breakdancing group on the fourth floor, just to visit and to support my friends. Leo was just the nicest kid ever. And so it came up in a conversation one day that I was dateless. Andrea asked if I had anyone in mind and I shyly said, maybe. As my best friend, it was only natural that she knew who it was, although she had never really suspected before that point that I liked him. So she asked him for me, because I, for whatever reason could not bring myself to ask him. And he said yes. So he was my prom date. And I had a lot more fun than I'd thought I would. I absolutely adore my friends. And yes... now that prom approaches, I miss him...

So here I am again with prom in my midst. What ever shall I do? I'm not so sure I can take you. So much has been instilled within my mind about you that I can't shake. But if I do decline, what options do I have? I have yet to figure that out myself. But it'll come in time. I have two months to make up my mind. I shall address this matter further in email. Check it.

In other news, I can't wait for next weekend! I am booked, booked, booked! Friday is the talent show! More nostalgia for me! Shingo and crew will be performing their breakdancing gig. I have not watched them practice because of the emptiness that seems to linger without my good ol' buddy, but I'm sure it'll be great. My good buddy Cory will also be performing. It knocked my pants off when I found out that he could sing during the Seussical. Hmm... did I ever write about that? Originally for Friday, I was supposed to go to this really fancy restaurant, Buddhakan (or however the hell you spell it), with Kelly and her bf. But friends come first. Buddhakan was originally scheduled for Saturday, but then I had a convention to go to. Omigosh that is going to be so much fun. Basically, it's a fitness convention at the PA Convention Center. Dave, Kota, her boyfriend, and I will be demonstrating Dance Dance Revolution as a potential fitness tool from 2-6 and then damn near all day on Sunday. I may just pass out, either from overexertion or embarrassment, but I will have fun. And what about Buddhakan? Well, I was lucky enough to go there once, so if Kelly wishes to deny me of a second opportunity, then I'll live. And that's all.

I still haven't written about NYLC... some other time...