Monday, May 9, 2005

Day # 156

AP History was very entertaining for me today, for once. I don't hate the class, it's just that half the time we're talking about things I for one don't know anything about or care about, although I probably should. We were discussing an article about big bad Clear Channel. Boy did I have a load of two cents to chuck today. I was proud to actually be able to contribute something to the class for once in a long while. It was interesting, too, listening to the teacher give arguments for and against Clear Channel. I certainly have to agree that it isn't that much of the bad apple it's cracked up to be. It does some good. It's money that's at the root of the issue here. That, however, is another story.

So today I served the first (and last) detention of my life. It seriously wasn't that big a deal. In fact, it kind of helped. I actually sat down and read some chapters out of Mao II by Don Delillo. You see that? I actually did homework! I actually like the book. It has so much imagery. You can see everything going on in the book. My only problem is that I don't understand whether anything is supposed to mean anything. Right now it just seems like I'm reading a story written for the sole purpose to be visual, just as our teacher suggested. It was actually kind of difficult to read during detention because the proctor was a bit too nice and was having this whole conversation with these two chicks. I was a little annoyed, but I figured it was ok to suffer a little bit. It was detention after all. The dude actually let us out early, so that was nice. I then went to go buy a soda, only to click the wrong button. I hate regular Coke. It doesn't have the same rush of sugar that's in Diet Coke. I NEED that. I wasn't about to waste my money, though, so I went along to catch my bus, sipping another dose of punishment for the day.

My art class at the local Community Art Center was actually pretty annoying. I sit next to these two twelve year olds, and they are SO annoying. They never have anything nice to say, and they play too much. I may just stop going. It's not like two classes is such a big deal anyway.

This month is going to be insane. I am booked to the max. I have that huge AP History paper/presentation to worry about, a paper to write on Dalí, and a helluva lot of cleaning and packing to do before I get up out of here. I think I may just go mad thinking about it instead of actually getting up to do something about it. Procrastination will be the death of me. And it's a wrap.