Sunday, May 22, 2005

Procrastination Kills

My, my, my, how this weekend has flown by. It's been a pretty fun weekend, though I have to wonder about whether it would have been more fun had certain things been exchanged. Friday I went to the mall to buy gifts for my best friend's birthday. I truly hate to buy gifts, because it seems that at that moment in time, the value of my friendship is represented through the purchased item. And in the end, it's all about a filthy piece of paper. So while I was wandering around KB Toys I got a pleasant surprise. The very person I was to purchase the present for just so happened to be in the mall and greeted me quite enthusiastically. It certainly made me happy to see her, but I was concerned about the fact that her presence would kill the element of surprise. Nontheless, she, another one of our friends, and I, walked to the Chinese food place in the mall, Panda Express. Two of our friends work there, and boy was I blown away when we finally arrived.

Something about the yellow collared shirt brought out his broad shoulders, which randomly seemed attractive to me that evening. No one noticed, but I couldn't stop smiling, and blushing. Our two friends were actually pretty good behind the counter. But all the while, he was my center of attention. It was hella odd, because I'd never even thought of him that way before. I listened to him talk about his job as he sat to eat dinner with us during his break, more intently than I had ever before. I swear, I've had some degree of a crush on all my male friends. It's kinda weird, and I guess I'm a little bit more boy crazy then I give my self credit for.

After dinner, I left the birthday girl alone with our Panda Express friends to go find her a gift. I was walking from store to store trying to find something that just called out to me, but nothing in particular really stood out. With two of my friends meeting up with me to rush me out of the mall, I fell back to "It's the though that counts," and bought some pretty random things, a huge roll of reusable manga stickers, and an arts and crafts kit to use to decorate your cellphone. I felt so worthless. We left the mall altogether and they dropped me off at home. I immediately came to the computer and wrote in my Live Journal from the depths of my soul about how much I cared about the birthday girl. It was weird, because after reading it, I easily came off as a lesbian, which is certainly not the case. I could never imagine such a thing. Ew.

Saturday my boarding home went on a house trip to Dorney Park. My second time, I went on nearly all the rides we approached. I'm starting to get better at not being so afraid of rollercoasters, which is good. Honestly, though, it wasn't all that exciting. Hopefully, if my friends and I do go to Six Flags after the prom, it'll be much more fun. Or maybe all in all, I actually did enjoy myself. I'm just not the happiest person right now. Why? Well, let's just say that procrasination kills. I have a lot of work to do and no time, so I won't be fiddling with this site for a while. Hang in there. I'll be back.