Friday, September 17, 2004

Day # 8

Whee, I may have an image for the next layout. But nobody knows... Or cares, for that matter.

Today we played mat ball in gym. Fun time. It looks like we shall be swimming in this class. I'm hoping that sign was soley for the freshman. I think it's ridiculous to have us walking around that refridegerator they call a school with wet hair and open pores. Not only is the school cold, but winter is on its way.

For the first time since the first day of school, I went down to lunch instead of the library. I immediately reinstated the reason why I'd stopped coming down in the first place. The menu for those with lunch tickets is extremely limited. I'd LOVE to pay for lunch myself except that I'm too finicky to eat half the time anyways. Besides, I didn't exactly feel comfortable around the people at the table I was invited to anyway. I figure it's senior year, we've been going to the same school for four years, and if we're not cool now, we might as well keep it that way. Unless I missed you somehow, which is certainly not the case for anyone who was there. I didn't consider any of the people at the table my type (including the inviter, though I thank her for her persistant kindness as rude as I've been to her) and I got this sense that I was probably disliked and was going to be ignored. So I did what I felt most comfortable doing, got up and left. I feel better to exclude myself rather than have someone else exclude me. It's like "You're fired," and retaliating with, "No, I quit." It sucks I can't have lunch with my best friend(s), but at least the noise and stressful lunch options are eliminated. This way, I can sit in a nice quiet library, check over my Physics homework, doodle, or read.

Speaking of reading, over the past week, I read a book called The Earth, My Butt, And Other BIG, ROUND Things by Carolyn Mackler. I absolutely loved it, though I couldn't relate to it down to the dime. It was about this plump girl and how she feels outcast by both her family and peers because of her weight. What could be so exciting about that? I won't ruin it for you. It is a chick book, so yea...

In English today we started watching the Matrix. We have a paper due Monday relating everything we've discussed over the past week. It'll be more interesting now that one of my favorite movies is in the mix.

And I think I'm done... I wanna talk to lover boy. Or boy toy, as Dad refers to him. XD