Friday, October 15, 2004

Day # 28 - Beverage of Fire

I feel like I generalky repeat myself in this area. Maybe updates should be put in the Welcome Box. This'll have to do until the next layout because that thing looks crappy when it scrolls. Oh and please excuse my spelling and grammar. I'm feeling kinda tipsy.

But don't be alarmed. Nothing serious. I'll get to that ordeal later. First, let me say, YAY for no school today! Those are such nice days. So this morning my AA comes to pick me up, a lil' late, as she'd expected. We get to Wesleyan. It was actually...nice. I liked it. I wish I'd been able to be there for the entire Info Session, but we were running a little late. UGH, another tour in the rain. At least it won't be that way tomorrow, for Trinity, AGAIN. For the ABC college tour, we visited Trinity. But it was raining like hell, and I was so focused on not getting wet that I wasn't really payig much attention to the guide. She was kinda boring anyways. The other group's tour guide, a dude, was far more entertaining. Today, visiting the campus - I felt like I'd never been here before. It was so good seeing Erica again. I've missed being with her and Shayna, together. Yeah... So yea, Trinity is definitely on my list. It's so nice to have these girls here to talk to, because this college thing was certainly making me a little crazy. So yea... After we had dinner at this place called...I forget. It was some sort of tavern. Not the usual kind, I'm sure. They had good pizza and pasta. Yep. So after that, Erica took me back to her dorm, then we went to my AA's son's dorm. To...allow me to witness something for the first time, something I'm positive I will not partake in very often in the future, if ever.

Her hands quivered as she stared into the cup in hand, its fumes licking at her nostrils like the flames of hell. "I can't do this," she said, nervously. They assured her that it was simple, and that the small amount would barely have an affect on her. "Are you sure?" They nodded, pressuring her to gulp the cup's contents quickly. "Can I practice with water first?" she asked, placing the cup down on the table in front of her after several failed attempts to place the rim to her lips. They placed the cup in her hand, comparing the beverage to some good friends of theirs, Mary Jane, TV. Their host offered her an orange Gatorade, a reward if she could swallow both quantities of the substance. She took one last nervous glance, cocked her head back, and gulped. The flames singed her esophagus, their heat lingering long after it'd extinguished in her stomach. They laughed at her facial expressions, assuring her that it hadn't been as bad as she'd thought it was, only she didn't feel the same. She gagged as she took the second round, finishing off the Gatorade in one long sip. She gasped, waiting for the burning sensation to pass. They assured her that it was better that she'd experienced it with them and not with perfect strangers who would've opted to have her hurt. She smiled, shook her head, thinking to herself, "Never again." Never, however, is a strong word...

I love to write. I'm sure I could write something better than that. But I'm kinda dehydrated which is making me kinda dizzy, so I'm not up to par. Not only that, but I'm tired. Maybe I'll refine that little story some other time. Well, good night. Oh and, don't worry guys. It's all in your head...