Thursday, October 28, 2004

Day # 37

Need I say it every time? Still, there is some progress with my contest entry. I inked it. At first I was going to do it on the computer, but I didn't have the patience and I doubt I'll have the time. Plus, I'm feeling kind of rusty.

So, bloody hell is good for something (even if it actually hasn't started yet). Today was the last day of being in the pool, so my hair can LAST until Thanksgiving (or perhaps longer, considering how hectic it gets)! Now all that leaves is the rain and the shower to dodge. I have one day of gym to make up, although I probably shouldn't considering the fact that all my "absences" should be excused. Still, it's only one day, so I won't complain. Or maybe I will. Who cares? I just hope he was joking about my getting a B. A B in PE is unacceptable. I'm actually kind of excited about the switch to TV Productions. Hey, that might inspire me to get into film. Or not. You just never know.

Today I went to talk to my English teacher after school so he could get to know me a little more for a college recommendation. See, I've only had him for two months, so hopefully that won't take from anything. He asked me, "Why don't you go to an Art college?" fter he asked me about my interests. I was probing my mind for an answer for a few moments and then I told him that I thought that by attending a school focused on one thing, I could not get as broad an education as at a Liberal Arts college. As much as I love the arts, I think I could bring more to a profession in that field if my knowledge expands across the curriculum. And who knows, I may get into other things. The only issue with that is accessibility. Most Liberal Arts don't necessarily have art programs. But then that's why schools with joint programs with other schools like Bryn Mawr (UPENN) and Brown (RISD) are on my list.

I still don't know what I want to do with my life, though. Here is indecision, at its best. Being a kid can be so nice, the simplicity of it all anyway. I used to be able to say, "I want to be an artist! A writer! A teacher!" Scratch out that last one. Children bug me. Or maybe I've cast a generalization over them because of my negative experiences with my cousins. Maybe I should call that quits. But yea. Not at the moment.

I don't know what I'm rambling about anymore. So, buh bye for now!