Monday, November 15, 2004

Day # 48

...

<< Trapt: Trapt >> Writing and listening to music is rather distracting.

Today was an ok day. I was in a daze for a good chunk of the day. It definitely wasn't because I was tired. Sure, I got to sleep about 1 AM, but I got plenty of sleep over the weekend. I was just thinking, fantasizing. Note that by fantasizing, I never mean the kinky stuff. That'd be kind of sick. I mean the fluffy kind of stuff. Interpret that as you will. I've just been smiling all day. The l-bomb may be near completion. XP

I had to write my chatterbox, basically a dedication to all your friends that goes in the back of the yearbook every year. If I can get the file, from the computer in the library, I might just display it here. If there's anyone I know I'm going to miss a ton, it's Andrea. I've got other friends, but she's my best thus far. Yea. I'm going to cut the sentimental crap before I let it get a hold of me. Sometimes it makes me itch. In other words, it makes me uncomfortable. Like, if someone gives me a compliment, I just kind of stare at them, sort of dumbfounded. I probably blush as well because I blush for the smallest things. I'm black, so it's not as obvious, though it is a little more than usual because of the little bit of reddish tones in my skin. BLAH.

Lost track for a moment... So Andrea and I are sitting in the second foyer and this random black boy opens the door to say hello. I'm just like, wtf, do I know you? Either he was in a REALLY good mood or he caught sight of my figure (I was kind of lying on my side.) Andrea was like, "That's called hitting on you." Apparently she thinks I'm curvaceous or whatever the heck she said. I thought that was hilarious and weird. I don't mind meeting new people but... all this time? Am I that invisible? Not that I care. It's only annoying when you want people to notice you again.

I need to pick up the good old drug. We haven't read Peach Girl in a while. I wonder how well I remember the story. Something about Sae getting pregnant... I don't remember the exact cliffhanger though. I probably brought at least 7 and 8, so I'll have to check again. Reading. I read, but comics, Japanese or American, don't quite stir thought. Yea, I haven't picked up The Color Purple since that first day, but yea. I'll get to it. I must speak with my counselor tomorrow. If I can just apply to Bryn Mawr and call it a day, I will be SO happy. Then all my college worries will be over. He seems pretty confident about my getting in, so how risky would that be exactly? I still have to minimize my list, just in case I guess. But that would be so nice, to worry only about one application. Hmm... I have to register for an interview pretty darn soon. I could kill two birds with one stone and bus over to Haverford since they require interviews for those who live within a 100 mile radius. Eh. I'm a little nervous about that, though I have both witnessed and been told that Bryn Mawr interviews are very conversational. My dad is pretty good at PR. I hope I got that from him. I doubt I have, though, since I'm a nervous wreck with these sort of things.

Mmm hmm. I can't wait until my room is clean. To put it simply, it looks like crap. Half of it is clean and the other is a wreck. Deja vu ey? Yes. Trouble is motivation. That's my problem with everything. These days, I need someone to push my buttons. If I'm in a weird, sort of bored mood and can't find the things I usually entertain myself, I usually will resort to cleaning. But these days, sleep has been taking over. I hope I break out of that habit. I just need someone to disturb me on routine. Kathleen is good at that, only she does it at 11. Even 9 AM is fine. That's when the adolescent body wakes up really anyway. Yep.

I write so much in this thing. I don't know where any of this stuff comes from, though. Maybe it's part of the reason I don't have dreams. I don't leave my brain to do much interpretation while I'm asleep. Or my memory is as screwy as I thought it was. Well, I'm done. Good night.