Sunday, November 14, 2004

Freedom

I'm pretty sure I've got the image down for the next layout. I'm also pretty sure that there were be music incorporated into the layout. There might just be a "Hear" page for the file. Who knows?

YES. NO MORE STUDY HALL. Do you know how happy I am? SO happy. I'm only worried about my willpower now. Tomorrow shall be the first test. Actually, Tuesday will be, since I have class at the Community Art Center tomorrow. Yep.

Know what song I've been listening to nonstop this weekend? Mario's Let Me Love You. YES. Yea, yea, OMG POP! So I'm not the big hardcore rock fan you might've thought I was. You can take the girl outta NY, but not the NY outta the girl. XD Corny, I know. But every now and then, one must return to their roots. Don't front like you don't like that song either. I wouldn't say I was THAT big on rock anyway. My tastes are much more eclectic. It's just that rock tends to be the main front that I explore.

Also been filling up my files. Hmm... filesharing. Musicians argue that it is a form of theft. People always compare it to, "Oh what if someone took your artwork?" Assuming that what they mean is to take the artwork and claim it as yout own, the issues are two different things. First of all, when you download a file, the identity of its creator remains. There is no erasing the copyright. Filesharing is more like stealing the CD out of the store or... asking for a commission, receiving it, and not paying. So yes, I do believe it's wrong. However, sometimes it is a tool for the musicians. If it weren't for friends showing me certain songs that weren't playing on the radio at that particular moment in time, lots of things wouldn't be in my CD wallet right now. And I do prefer buying actual CDs to burning anyway. The books (particularly when they have lyrics and/or posters) are nifty as well. There are pros and cons to everything, give and take.

I've actually been away from the entry for some time now and have no clue what it was I had in mind to write about. Hmm... I dunno. I'm just really happy these days, pretty much with everything. It's great. Yep... I feel so blessed. And stuff. But now, I think I ought to head to bed. Goals this week - complete english project, clean room, COLLEGE ESSAYS, etc. Good night!