Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Day # 50

...

OMG. I have just finished reading Peach Girl. That makes me SO sad. Why isn't it an anime yet?! It would do well as a live action drama as well I think. The characters are so real! I'm not one to cry over books and movies, but I did occasionally feel that heavy sort of pang at the base of my eyelids. I LOVE this manga so much. It's just like... *spasms* Ok. I'm done.

Today there was a Coffee House at my school. Basically, in the library, students and teachers alike sip coffee and hot cocoa as they watch their peers perform. The highlight this year was this one kid (I have no idea what he is - he looks like some strange sort of mix) who did a Green Day song. And the best part was that he sounded almost exactly like the lead. As for the other folks - egh. There was this one kid who had the distortion really high and was playing a bunch of random crap and "singing" in that deep, shrill, dark kind of way, meanwhile kicking stools and stands down. It was freaky. He would not listen for anything in the world when they asked him to end his gig so the next one could start. So this one kid came up behind him and cut it off for him. What a relief. He made me kind of nervous - he had this "I could kill you" kind of look to him too. The music added to that appeal as well. Another kid did a monologue. It pissed me off that he felt the need to curse. I had NO idea what he was talking about either. Everyone, including myself, was being quite rude during that performance. I lost interest the second he cursed, though. That was so not necessary. It's thanks to kids like that that we only had like one Coffee House last year. So anyway, good old Dan, Dave and... other people went. To be honest... Dan can't sing. I left for that one, though I both recognized and liked (sorta) the song. I remember way back when that after Dan played at the Coffee House, he suddenly had a wild pack of fan girls. I found that to be quite amusing. That kid is SO tall. And lanky. It's kinda scary. I don't remember when this was, but a teacher and some student chick played stuff on the banjo and cello (or viola/violin?) thingamajiggers. I don't know my musical instruments. *shrugs*

Yes, yes... what else happened today... Nada mucho. Maybe I'll remember something later, since this entry is kind of early. For once in my life I did my homework EARLY in the day. I finished my Physics homework after the quiz in class, started my Stat homework, came home, greased my hair since my scalp was so sore, went to Borders to buy Peach Girl 9 & 10, came back to finish my Stat homework and blah, blah, blah.

Speaking of hair, this one chick was making a comment about another chicks hair. Clearly, there was a difference in their hair, but honey, if my hair was your texture, even as frizzy as it is, I would be thrilled. It's just funny because she doesn't know it could be worse. At least the comb won't snap in half if she tries to run it through her hair after a swim or a wash. Ok, I'm exagerrating (or not) but c'mon. We humans are such silly creatures. Always wishing to be something and someone else. "We" includes me by the way.

Alright, I'm off. SHAZZPOT. I forgot to tape Jay-Z and Linkin Park again. Pfft. Well, it'll be running AGAIN so I guess I have time. Once again, I'm off, to shower, clean my room, whatever. Sayonara.