Sunday, December 12, 2004

I'm Back! ...Almost

Please note that updates to the site shall no longer appear here. They will be found in the box above.

So stressing over the layout aside, everything's pretty good. Er... Last night (more like Friday night now since its past midnight,) we all went on a house trip to Dave and Buster's. It's this random bar / grill / arcade place down in Philly near Penn's Landing. I loved it. 'Cept for all the drunkards, smokers, DDR wannabe hoggers, and little kids. I mostly played the claw game. I'm pretty good at that game if I do say so myself, especially after a few practice rounds. I won a cute little frog prince stuffed animal which holds a heart that says "Kiss Me," and two watches, one pink, one silver. I played a bunch of games of House of the Dead 2 with Kelly and then she basically forced me to play some random DDR wannabe with her. I scored a B the first time, but we sucked too much during the second round to continue to the next level. Apparently I'm good at that game. Riiight... Kelly basically had to beg me to play - I was feeling nervous about the crowd that was starting to gather around the game. Yet, after maybe a few screw-ups, I decided to force their existance out of my head and just play. That was fun. When we got back into the house, I went to bed.

ACTs in the morning! No more standardized testing. Yay. How do I think I did? Uhm... My math speeds suck. I feel like I might've improved on the verbal, though. And the science section? I HATE it. That's the only thing I don't like about the ACT. Everything seemed to be pretty easy, even in the beginning of the math section, but as soon as I got to the science section, I was just like WTF. The testing environment was much quieter this time and I had a HUGE desk, so I'm pretty confident I've gotten a higher score this time. Except... I didn't study. Too much college stuff.

So yea, after the ACTs, my AA dropped me off. I slept for a long time instead of doing my chore, and after that, she came to pick me up so I could work on random Common Application things. Not fun. Have to do that some more tomorrow. Unfortunately, we're taking pictures tomorrow and decorating the tree. Although there is egg nog involved, I really don't feel much like doing it. Or anything actually. I'll be SO happy when break starts, provided everything is done. Everything HAS to be done. I absolutely cannot be working during break. Unless one of my teachers plans to suck and gives us work. There's always one at least.

I think I was Scrooge at one point. The holiday season tends to bug me. It's not that I don't like to give, it's just that it's so hard to decide WHAT to give. EGH.

Latest in music, I got Audioslave - Audioslave, Chevelle - Wonder What's Next, Green Day - International Superhits, and Red Hot Chili Peppers - Greatest Hits. It's weird to get two hits albums. I haven't listened to Green Day's much. After a couple of songs, his voice tends to irk me. Then he never alters his singing. It's all like the same tone. The latest Green Day CD defintely shows improvements in that department, at least from what I've heard of it. They still kinda suck, though. I need VARIETY from my music, especially if I can't make a mix. The shuffe button is never enough. So anyways, I found out that I love RHCP, and I might just backtrack on their career, at least to get What Hits?! and By the Way. I MUST have the Zephyr Song and Can't Stop. As for Audioslave, I was already familiar with all the tracks. Janine, an old tutor here (who I miss so much) once gave me a copy that a friend of hers had given her. Whoo... that's a mouthful. Anyway, it wasn't exactly in the greatest condition and it didn't take much time for it to conk out, especially on my favorite track, # 13, Getaway Car. So I had to have another copy for myself. Erm... Chevelle's CD actually surprised me. When I first bought it, I was under the impression that I'd only like the three main hit tracks, Send the Pain Below, Closure, and The Red, mostly because the screaming deal tends to bug me after a while. After experimenting with it on the bus in the mornings, I found that I love pretty much every track. If I had to pick a favorite off the top of my head, I guess I'd pick #2, Comfortable Liar. Supposedly Forfeit was a big hit, but I'd never heard of it. I think I'll get their latest album. I already like Vitamin R.

Oh and on Friday, before we went to Dave and Buster's I got really pissed because - guess what - I broke my headphones, the ones that came with my beloved CD player. All it took was a little bit too much yanking. The cord was too short to plug the headphones into the back of the computer and listen to music, so when I came up too fast, it yanked and I put a short in it. Dammit. So Shemika and I ran over to Springfield to get some at Sam Goody's. They had a 3 type deal by Colby. A waste, sort of, but eh. Nifty. How nice of me to break the headphones right before XMAS when I'll probably wind up with new ones anyway. It never fails. New possessions tend to complicate things I've noticed...

Yea, So I think I've about had it with this writing for the night. My left hand is starting to cramp up. I really ought to learn to type the right way, even though I type quickly enough this way. Oh well. Good night.