Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Day # 86

Nah, I'm not sleep yet. What else should you expect if I spent my entire weekend going to bed at four? And the fact that we had a two hour delay today didn't help exactly. It's just going to make my sleeping schedule even more shifty. I just like being up at night more. I don't hate the daylight or anything, but there's something a little more charming about the darkness and whatnot. It could be the fact that I'm alone or that there's no noise (except for that loud ass washing machine that's through the wall and behind me). Man, if we had a two hour delay everyday of the week, I'd be set. Something about the winter makes it a little harder to get up in the morning too. You wanna know another thing that's been keeping me up a lot lately? Those freaking squirrels! They've found some way to nest inside the walls of the house or something, and they drive me crazy in the whee hours of the night, scratching and running back and forth. I hate rodents, I swear. Funny though how fear fuels hatred.

So today we started our second semester classes. It's like the first day of school again. This is the very reason why I love the block scheduling system. For me to have the same eight classes all year would bore me to tears. Everytime we start a new set of classes, I'm so excited, ready to put my all into my work. But one, maybe two weeks later, back to slackage. I'm thinking it'll be alot worse now considering the fact that I'm a second semester senior. But luckily I only have one major class. College Social Science Seminar (whoo that's a mouthful), otherwise known as AP History, will probably be the death of me. But somehow, the challenge is a little exciting. Teacher says he wants to make our experience as college like as possible. That makes perfect sense considering the fact that those days are right around the corner. I really don't like the sound of that, actually. I have so much fear running though me. What if I'm going about this the wrong way? I could transfer, yea, that's what everyone says, but that can often prolong the college experience. I'm afraid I won't be able to pursue my passions as I wish. I don't know. I'll just have to take it as it comes.

So anyways, my entire new schedule, in order, is as follows:

  • Spanish Seminar Honors
  • College Social Science Seminar
  • AP Human Geography
  • Graphic Design 3 / Independent Study

Looks like fun, eh? Really, in spite of the Honors and AP labels you see, those two courses are supposed to be a piece of cake. (Wait a sec...I don't like cake... Or pie for that matter...) Spanish is Spanish after all, and I already know AP Human Geography is going to be simple. See, all of this can be simple if I just do my work. That's all it takes. I can tell myself that now, but it'll go in one ear and out the other.

Another thing that's been keeping me up is my freaking obsession with buying a domain. I'm going crazy trying to think of a name. I've looked for inspiration in everything from music lyrics to the dictionary. There's one I've thought of that I like very much, but the trouble is, the common people do not know how to spell. I don't know. We'll see.

Although the first week of fresh classes is exciting, I'm not exactly looking forward to school tomorrow. Sleeping in for two extra hours has got me spoiled. Someone should SO break the water main.