Sunday, January 23, 2005

Winter - It's Official Now

There is at least a foot of snow on the ground outside. It's absolutely beautiful, especially considering the fact that it doesn't get dirty nearly as quickly as it does in the city. Once it starts to turn that black icky color, it's just a disgusting reminder of all the pollution we put into the air. Ew.

Normally during this time of year, I'd usually be somewhat under the influence of the SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder), but I'm actually pretty good. I have nothing to be sad about, for the moment. Except that...

Yistiddy I had over $100 dollars stolen from me, in my own house. What kind of crap is that? The girls had members of an ABC house in Lower Merion visit, along with a number of other friends and whatnot. Now first I must blame myself for my irresponsibility - one of the freshman who has the dining room chore was telling me all week to remove my coat from the area. Did I? No. So that's one side of the picture. But c'mon man! This is MY house, I should be able to leave my stuff wherever the heck I want to without worrying over somebody else's klepto guest. The worst part is, a fraction of that was Xmas money for my best friend(s) delayed gift(s). Now I'm empty handed. I feel horrible. But, I think I'm fairly over it. Had I spent the money like I was supposed to, it'd be gone by now anyway. But still... what am I to do?

I should get a job. Speaking of which, I was offered the opportunity to teach a class full of middle schoolers the basics of cartooning. At first I was like...kids. I don't like kids. But then I was like, oh shiznit you're paying me?! And then I said, wait, I'm not that good! But then I started to recall how WAY WAY WAY back in the day, I used to want to be a teacher. Pfft. As if. But who knows? I could just do this. I could probably put it on my resume... How in the hell do you create accented characters? I hope it's not one of those ampersand (&) deals (which of course it is). But anyways, in terms of a job, at this moment in time, I really don't want it to take up too much of my time. It's good practice, I'm sure, but EW. I won't babysit. Kids just make me uneasy. Yes, THAT'S precisely the reason why I don't like them. Trifling, I know. Old people scare me too. And babies. You just never know if they're gonna... die or something. XD Wow. Morbid, I know. Pfft.

Soon as we got off the phone, I went to sleep. No dreams.. :( It wasn't really a deep sleep since there was an awful lot of noise, so I couldn't really expect any. But now I'm wiiide awake. I woke up at... Dunno. Hmm... I need to occupy myself. I'll start drawing now! Ta-ta!