Wednesday, February 9, 2005

Day # 98

So here I am, once again in Graphic Design. I have completed the Photoshop component of my project, so I must now vectorize it in Illustrator. That's not exciting. I mean, I love AI and would love to have it for myself, but EGH. I hate my projects. They are so not creative. But Independent Study is the SHIZNIT!

Anyway, today was a rather pleasant day. Only not. I was like one of seven people to actually dress up for this week's school sprit theme - Crazy Dress Day. Basically you wear the kind of stuff nobody wears and you get candy. SUCKY candy that is, probably the same candy they had for CHRISTMAS!

Second block was super duper long and I wanted to cry. Our teacher was giving us so many notes and he never writes on the board, so I had to listen to him and he talks REALLY fast. I am not an aural (as in audio?) learner. I need to SEE. I'm an artist, goddammit! He doesn't care. He just goes on and on and on.

So then I'm talking to my freshman buddies and Kathryn asks me to write on her pants. At first I drew an upward arrow that said "Cory was here," but that was kind of mean so I had to change it to Katryn. The letter h did not fit. Cory tried to snatch the marker from me and my drink (Minute Maid Fruit Punch) spilled all over the keyboard, onto my eskimo coat, the floor, and the kid next to me. Kathryn went into a panic and ran down the hallway to go get paper towels. Meanwhile, Cory and I had to slowly push away the monitor and the keyboard to keep the red sea from seeping in. After much delay, my brain finally clicked on and I ran next door to get paper towels. This kid named Issac is all like, "Why do I feel like I know you?" I ran out of the room and said, "Yes, you do know me Issac!" At that moment he couldn't understand why I knew his name and looked at me as if I were crazy. Way to get distracted. Finally I ran back to the GD lab and wiped up what I could, eventually needing to run back to the Ceramics/Photography room since I hadn't ripped off enough of the paper towels. Issac distracted me again and we talked about how he knew me, through Big Sis and his sister. Back into the room, but I still didn't grab the whole paper towel roll like a MORON. Kathryn thought ahead of me and brought it in, and finally, the red sea subsided. YAY!

For once in my life, I think I'm going to go try and do my homework AT HOME. I kinda have to do that for my history homework at least. Those damn 6th graders corrupted me. It was then that my homework habits started to slip. Anyways, I feel like such an idiot in that class. I am surrounded by all of these bright, politically driven people, people that will probably one day make a valid and useful contribution to the world. They are constantly debating and inserting their opinions while I seldom can offer nothing. Truth be told, I don't really care about any of this stuff. I probably really ought to, but the way I figure it, man has this drive to survive, to remain the dominant figure, like every other thing on this earth, and if that means plugging democracy and capitalism all over, that's what man's gonna do. It's inevitable, so why must I discuss it? I am not fit for such things, which is why I sit in the back of the classroom, doodling and admiring my intelligent classmates. Even though, I probably shouldn't equate intellgence with political interest... Anyway! I'm done for the night. I hope Dave is healthy tomorrow. I NEED MY ART DOSE!